7 Deadly Sins

If you had a pick a best flaw (out of those listed) to live with in your mate which one would it be a why? Here is the list: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, envy, wrath or pride.

I have been struggling with this question for weeks.. Most people that I have talked to have said they would pick Pride. I guess that they think that is lessor of the 7 evils. However, it has been stated that: "Pride is considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins, and indeed the ultimate source from which the others arise. It is identified as a desire to be ... more important or attractive than others, failing to acknowledge the good work of others, and excessive love of self (especially holding self out of proper position toward God)". 


The interesting thing is that most people can explain in great detail what they don't want and why, however have a difficult time actually picking one sin.  

I personally feel that all people struggle in some way with one or more of the deadly sins over a lifetime. After much thought, I have picked greed as the deadly sin I would choose to live with. Let me explain. I cannot live with someone who struggles with wrath. I could not bear to be beaten, nor live in fear.  I personally value exercise and good health so sloth and gluttony are out. I feel like a person who is lustful truly is sinning when they choose others over the one they are with and it would make me extremely envious. I don't know that I could live with someone that has the deadly sin of envy. Because I would feel trapped in a relationship with someone that would require too much time and affirmation in the relationship. 


So I pick greed. I think I could live with someone that is greedy and tries to gather up lots of material objects. While not ideal, I would prefer this to the other deadly sins. I could in the relationship be the one to save the money and not to the problem.

Comments