Dad Update


Many of you have asked for an update on the status of my dad and I have been reluctant to give an update. Mostly I have been reluctant to put an update in writing because it is something I am not sure I have come to terms with yet. As you know last week my dad went into cardiac arrest and because of trouble with his lungs had to be incubated. Because of the incubation he was sedated to keep him calm and from pulling the tubes out.  When they took him out of sedation he was non responsive. After a few days of tests they have determined that he suffered from a lack of oxygen to the brain when he went into cardiac arrest. Tomorrow I am flying home because they plan to remove him from life support.  I honestly am shocked, on Thanksgiving he was possibly going to get released and now this.

I want to thank you for all your thoughts, prayers and comments. It seems God has other plans for my dad to be with him and my brother sometime soon.  Please continue to pray for my family in this difficult time. 

John 14:1-2
"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father's house are many mansions;if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you".

Comments

  1. Hi Sara,

    I know I have not been the best at keeping in touch, but I wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. I understand what you are going through and my prayers are with you and your family during this rough time.

    Krystle (vanSickler) Greene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara

    I am so sorry to hear about everything that has happened with your dad. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment