Happy Holidays 2009!


Happy Holidays!






Each year on New Year’s Eve, instead of making New Year’s resolutions, I select a theme for the year. Last year in 2009 my theme was “Crossing off the Bucket List”.  In 2009, I crossed many things off the bucket list! Thanks to my many friends for helping me cross the items off and add more to the list!

9 Running events…  I ran marathons in AZ, San Diego, and Seattle; ½ marathons in Prescott, Chicago, San Jose, San Antonio; Melbourne; a 12k and several 5k’s.   I earned my Rock N’ Roll Marathon Super Six Metal. I fundraised two seasons this year for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society bringing my lifetime total to over $25,000!  THANK YOU all for your support in my quest to find a cure for Leukemia!   You can still help and to see where you can spot me next go to: http://bit.ly/saramayer

Move, Horses and Friends… Once in Arizona, I reconnected with my college roommate, Kecia Smette, and college friend Michelle McVey. I began riding saddlebreds again. I visited my best friends Nancy and Josh while at two marathons this year! Josh is doing a ½ next year!


Trip to Montana and trip to Yellowstone
Kecia and I went to Montana and crossed a 6 hour trail ride and visiting Yellowstone National Park off the bucket list.

Running Dog!  In May, I picked up my dog Easton a Shephard lab mix. He is a true blessing! He runs, hikes and swims with me!




Education… I am in the final stretch of finishing up my PhD at Capella University.  2010 is the anticipated graduation year!

Family…  While the year was filled with many fun bucket list items, it ended with the loss of my father, Gerald Mayer at the age of 62 on December 5th.  I am going to make him proud in 2010!  

The future, 2010!  Have a Happy Holidays, here’s to a great 2010! Check out my blogs! http://smayer1872.blogspot.com/ and http://myfavoritethings-sara.blogspot.com/




   

Comments