A reason to celebrate, almost reached $25,000!



Celebrate good times! Since I lost my brother in 2000 to Leukemia, I have been on a mission to raise $25,000 to fund blood cancer research! I am proud to announce that I am only $400 short of reaching my goal! Since 2009 really was not a good year for me, I would love to go out with a bang and reach that $25,000 mark! Help me raise $25,000


Take a little trip down the $25,000 memory lane!


My brother, Michael was 20 when he was diagnosed Thanksgiving weekend in 1999. He put up a brave fight undergoing two bone marrow transplants, chemo, isolation and even not shaving for months! But the lord called on July 8th 2000 and he was called home. Michael really was an easy going guy and his favorite quote was:
Dance as though no one is watching;
Sing as though no one can hear you;
Love as if you have never been hurt
and Live as though heaven is on earth.

Once Michael was laid to rest, I immediately began planning a benefit model horse show in September 2000. Savannah live was my first fundraising event and it generated $5000 from all the wonderful people in the model horse world.

Light the Night Walks!
Over the years I have participated in numerous Light the Night Walks! In 2000 and 2001 I participated in the Light the Night walks in Savannah, Georgia with my friends Nancy, Lisa and Ronnie. In 2006, 2007 I participated with my Team In Training Friends. In 2009, participated in the Light the Night walk with my dog Easton.

The running begins!
In 2004, a co-worker Michelle Hibbard asked me if I would be interested in doing a marathon with the Team In Training program. I signed up for the Disney ½ marathon, cheered on by my aunt Judi and my mom, and raced through the castle with Andrea and Mark. I had the most amazing coaches Michelle and Barry. I was hooked. I completed the Disney full twice after that once with Victoria and the other with Vanessa.



I decided it was a great idea to complete a triathlon even though I could not swim. I am sure coach Pat Love was scared to death when I first showed up at the pool. I trained with my co-worker Kasey, dear friend Shelley, Julia, Nate, Eric, Sue, Cathy and many others with coach (has 5 jobs) Brian. I surprised my folks with a trip to Florida to watch me swim (and almost die). But the event was on my brother’s birthday!



Then the Nike Women’s Marathon with Kerri and Trinity as we chased Julia. Coach Bob blew a whistle behind us and the nice coach Gina encouraged us along the way!


Next came San Diego with Kerri, Nicole, sweaty Gil, Jon and many others under the coaching of Joy! After San Diego, I trained for PF Chang’s and had a blast with the Orlando folks!




Then Seattle, with Cindy, Raja, Brett, Chris, Leticia, Bev, Sue, Marlene, Sally and many others! And finally now, I am training for PF Chang’s once again with Pat, Patricia, Jennifer, Sue, Mike, Sally and many others with Marlene and Christine as coaches!





We did it, we almost raised $25,000!

Sorry if I forgot anyone, but thanks to those who donated in the last two seasons!

The Weber family, Beverly Mayer, Barbara Collins,Sue Patterson, Moya Duncan, Barbara Mayer, Judith Mayer, Beverly Vaillancourt, Lillian Potter, Kim Criscuolo, Christopher Borek, Daniel Silenzi, Barry Birdwell, Sharon Doyle, Clifford Hall, Donna Sell, Debra Spector, Dawn Edmunds, Richard Doyle, Cynthia Berntzen, Daniel Bureau, Rachel Jones, Debra & Bruce Seagrist, Roxanne Cox, Judi Bradfield, Martha Sinclair, Jennifer Bradfield, Lisa Blackburn .

Thanks for a great nine years!

It has been a whirlwind nine years, but worth every moment. I honestly could not do it without all the donors! I appreciate all your support and please know you are greatly appreciated! Thanks to everyone who purchased candles, had their car washed, bought beauty supplies, bought raffle tickets, purchased t-shirt, participated in the date auction and the many other fundraisers over the years!

I think the greatest benefit over the past nine years, is all the wonderful people I have met along the way! You really have become my family and I am excited for the new chapter in my fundraising career. We will find a cure, GO TEAM!



Comments

  1. Awesome Post! I will never forget San Diego...my first event. I thought I wasn't going to make it, but I did :) Good Luck on your last push towards your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun with you and the crew in Seattle. I commend all your efforts, hard work, persistence and determination. You are an inspiration to so many! I support you all the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment