Life Moments

There are moments in your life that make you and set the course of who your going to be. Sometimes they’re little, subtle moments. Sometimes, they’re big moments you never saw coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It’s what you do afterwards that counts. That’s when you find out who you are. ~ Unknown

In 33 years there are a few significant moments where my life has changed. I truly believe that those moments have shapped the woman I am today.  Those are the times when I have had to reach deep down inside myself to really figure out how to respond. I have learned a great deal about my strength because of these life moments.

Moments of change and significance in my life:
1) My 1st grade field trip to a barn- this is when I started riding horses
2) My first lesson at Bridleway Stables where I met Marcia Everett, may other great people and found my future career path
3) My first real boyfriend, Mike Corson in 1990
4) Going to College in 1995 at William Woods University
5) My initiation into Alpha Phi Fraternity April 15th 1995
6) When I won the Amature Roadster Under Saddle class at the World Championship Horse Show in 1998
7) My decison to get out of the horse business and go back to school for my masters
8) My brothers death in June 2000
9) My divorce in Feb 2002
10) Trip to Ireland in 2002
11) Crossing the finish line at the Disney 1/2 Marathon in 2005 with Team in Training
12) Joining the Junior League in 2004
13) Trip to South Africa in 2007
14) Completing the comprehensive exams for the PhD program in Jan of 2008
15) Moving to Phoenix with Mike Corson and his son Christian in 2009 and our break up
16) Picking out my pup Easton in 2009
17) My dad's death in December of 2009

Each and every event has changed me in some way. I remember being a very shy young girl. But I know that my experience with horses and Alpha Phi have provided with the confidence to be who I am today. As I reflect on each and every moment, what I realize is that even the "bad" moments I have gained so much. Maybe those are the experiences that I have grown the most. I don't regret those experiences because they have allowed me to grow so much.




As I turn the page in 2010, I look forward to all life holds for me. I hope I can learn as much about myself as I have in all those years in the past.  Here is to finishing up my PhD and all that life holds in 2010.








Comments