With a very heavy heart...

With a very heavy heart, I share that our little Warrior Princess lost her battle with Leukemia today. RIP, Violette Ruby Kotter Dehoux. 6/3/10 3:30pm 44 days old.


As many of you know I have been involved with Team In Training for many years. Every year I say I am going to take a break, then I meet someone that is fighting blood cancer and I am compelled to do something. This year I have been inspired by two little one's Baby Dylon and Baby Violette. Both babies were diagnosed as infants. Violette at one week of age. I can't believe in the happiest time of people's lives they are faced with a child that has blood cancer. It breaks my heart.


This season I am doing a century ride, 100 miles on a bike in Tahoe. I am a mission captain to a group of about 18 riders and they truly have inspired me. The are so passionate about fundraising, riding and beating blood cancer. My team in training team will ride 100 miles in Tahoe for Violette, Dylon, Ron, Kelly, Jarrett, Michael, Cindy and all other blood cancer patients on Sunday.  I will earn my triple crown for TNT (finishing 3 different endurance events with TNT), BUT with all the joy that comes with completing this... we have still not found a cure for blood cancer.

I know that with each and every day we are closer to finding a cure. I hope that in my lifetime a cure will be found and all those that have lost their lives to blood cancer will know that their fight was not in vein.

It is not too late to support the cause.  You can donate by visiting my website.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/dm/ambbr10/smayerpzqq

Here is to the all patients.... we are riding for you! Go TEAM


Comments