Familiar Places... warm feelings....fond memories...

As I prepare to depart for Dublin, Ireland, I have been thinking about the feeling that I get when I return to places that mean something to me. Places where I have fond memories, warm feeling and have meet some great people. There are many places that bring back those feelings..

First and foremost, Ireland. It was 2002 the last time I was there. I joined a group of Student Affairs professionals and students to venture out and explore the country as well as study the universities. We came as strangers; left connected, bonded and friends. I could go on for pages about the times we shared.. but let's just say it was worth every minute. We got lost in a thunderstorm and stuck on the train, explored where real people live, got rained on daily, shared a beer or two, or three, and much much more. Jason, Julie and Brooks our time in Ireland was a true experience one I will cherish for my lifetime. I am excited to go back to that familiar place to do what I love to do, run marathons! Wish you were going to be there, it will not be the same without you.

Once I get there, I know I will feel that warm feeling, like returning to a place filled with memories... can't wait! 

Comments