2009 Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays!  2010 was much better than 2009. 2010 proved to be a very busy year, full of accomplishment, adventure and fun!

In my quest to cure blood cancer, I rode 100 miles on a bike around Lake Tahoe.  It was a beautiful ride full of hills! Then I returned to Dublin, Ireland for another marathon! I also have taken on two new roles with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I am coaching the PF Chang’s & Paris Season participants. I am also serving as the Chair of the volunteer TNT committee. I am excited about the new challenges and look forward to all the roles will bring. If you want to help, visit http://bit.ly/SaraRunsParis.  Thank you to everyone that has supported me over the years.

In February of last year, I ran 202 miles in the Ragnar Relay with an amazing group of people from an organization called Girls on the Run. This organization helps girls with self-esteem and their final goal is to run a 5k. A truly rewarding experience!

My mom visited Arizona twice, in May and for Thanksgiving. It was great to see her and show her around.  As well as see my family.

On July 4th, my friend Cindy Bruce had a baby Gavin. We have spent all summer and fall teaching him how to be a barn brat. He has even attended his first horse show. He is the first kid that actually let’s me hold him without crying.

I advised the ASU chapter of Alpha Phi this year and they put on an outstanding Gala raising $48,000 for the Alpha Phi Foundation!

In late July, I was moved from Vice President of Development Elect for the Junior League of Phoenix to the Vice President role.   I now have four committees and wonderful women to work with.  I am looking forward to doing this role again next year!

Throughout the year, I have been showing horses and riding frequently.  I have been showing Scooby, Cindy’s saddlebred hunter. We won the championship at big show in March and we were reserve champion at two other shows this year. I also showed a Friesian name Cete and we won both the qualifier and championship at the show in March.

Finally, to Easton! He is doing great, he really is growing up. He no longer chases the horses, he listens (most of the time), and he still loves everybody. Cindy has deemed him Dennis the Menace for some annoying antics but he is a great dog loving life for the most part.                        

 Have a great Holiday! Sara and  Easton

Comments