A Year Older... Does that Mean Wiser?

2011 is the year of travel, the theme of the year "It is better to travel then to arrive"! In my year of travel, I have explored many areas of my life, with much more to come. As I reflect on becoming one year older, I think about if I have arrived? Have I reached my final destination in any part of my life? Am I any wiser than I was last year? Yes, I have arrived to a new place in my life... a place where I realize that I have much more traveling to do. I am not sure anyone every fully arrives. You arrive at a place, only to realize you have much more traveling to do. Much more to explore. Just when you think you arrived, you realize you have not.

As a coach for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program, I watched my team finish the PF Chang's Marathon, the San Diego Marathon as well as the Paris, France Marathon. 
I traveled physically with by best friend Josh to Paris, France this year to compete in the Marathon with my team. Exploring a new culture, land and group of people always has been a journey. While trip was memorable, filled with great sights and good times, the best part of the trip was the personal journey I took. I helped me focus on what is important in life.

I was fortunate to be promoted at work. I have explored new ways of managing and leading a group of people. I have also been challenged to develop new protocol and operating procedures. I am challenged on a daily basis. I have not had this challenge in years, and I truly enjoy the challenge.

In my volunteer role as the Development VP (for the second year) for the Junior League of Phoenix, I have worked with a very talented group of women to create the future of fundraising for the league. We have rolled out the first stage of the plan. I am proud of the work we are doing, we are traveling to a new place for the league.

Traveling in 2011 has just begun, with much more to come. I hope to achieve personal milestones, and truly experience all life had to offer. 

Comments