2012 Theme for the Year




The year 2011 has been filled with many exciting adventures! A trip to Paris with my best friend Josh Lodolo and my Team in Training team was outstanding. We toured many of the amazing sites of Paris drank lots of wine and talked about life plans. I made great progress with my dissertation and had the IRB approve my research. At work I was promoted and charged with managing a large team. I continue to work with Alpha Phi at ASU and alumnae chapters in the Southwest Region. The VP of Development position year two for the Junior League has been extremely busy and rewarding. I traveled to Napa with Annette and some other great people for the Ragnar Relay. I showed Scoobie at the March show and helped Cindy with Jet. Life has been good.

2011 has also brought about many challenges in life and as I look into 2012 I am very thankful for the friendships I have formed that have supported me through the challenges. When times get tough, the people who care about you the most are sometimes the people you did not expect. God continues to provide challenge and through those challenges the most surprising things happen. Also the best life lessons take place.

What is in store for 2012? Well first, a focus on my health and training. Coaching on the PF Chang's marathon course. Then running the Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon in DisneyLand in Jan. Rummage sale for the Junior League in February and closing out the year with a bang. Then finally finishing up my dissertation.

As many of you know, I don't set resolutions... I set themes. This year my theme is "Creating a Quality Life".  My inspiration a few quotes.

Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

 I have spent a lot of time asking myself quality questions. Where do I want to be? Who do I want to be in life? What legacy do I want to leave? How can I best maximize my time and talents?

I plan on having some quality time in the gym training, some quality time with God, and much quality time producing my dissertation. Most importantly, I am going to focus on quality time with my friends and family. It is the effort that I put in focusing on these things that will enhance my life and the lives of others. 


I am looking forward to creating a quality life as a result of my intention, effort, direction, and execution. Here is to a great 2012.

Comments